After the excitement of Christmas has gone, trying a new craft may be the way to start 2019. Glass bottle art can create anything from a terranium to a bottle lamp
Glass Bottles are easy to find in most households and can be found in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours. The bottles can be decorated for a specific occasion such as a forthcoming wedding or can be used to create a special and unique gift.
Glass Bottle Terraniums
It may not have passed your notice this year but the sale of glass terraniums has been a popular gift idea. A terranium is an enclosed environment for indoor plants, really like a mini greenhouse. So, why not create your own?
Here is a simple guide to follow.
- A clean, glass container (anything from a glass bottle, glass jar or glass vase)
- Layer of stones for the base of the vase ( 1- 2 inches)
- Add a layer of activated charcoal ( can be bought from a garden centre)
- Add a layer of potting compost
- Choose your plants ( cacti, succulent, ferns and air plants are best)
- Fill in any gaps with decorative moss or stones
- Display in a sunny spot ( not direct sunlight) and mist every 1 to 2 weeks
A few other ideas for you to try could be;
- Decoupage on glass bottles
- Bottle sand art
- Glass painting
- Creating your own bottle lamp
The list is endless.
If this isn't your thing, then start planning your bottling creations for 2019. We stock a wide range of glass bottles suitable for anything from cordials, liqueurs, oils and sauces, click here for available options.